Film Review - Mid90s


FILM REVIEW - Mid90s by Zion Garcia

HEY MATES!

I originally watched this back when it premiered, but now after a second viewing, its flaws became more apparent.
Regardless, my personal bias towards this film will always speak to me on a deeper level, as my younger years were very similar to this. I was taken in by a bunch of local skaters who treated me with a certain level of respect, despite my age. 

I'm also a sucker for anything 16mm, so....

The narrative has some rather notable shortcomings, most notably the ending which I'm still rather indifferent towards, as well as the sub-plot with the brother, which I feel was kinda weak with a second viewing... My first viewing was kinda odd cause I was like.. head over heels for this film, and despite my gripes, I honestly still am.

This is more so a 3.5/5, but cause this stuff is all about personal opinions, imma give it a nudge up..
WATCH THIS!!!! WONDER WHAT JONAH WILL DO NEXT?!?!?!?!?

also... that 'watermelon man' scene was so dope, one of my favourite tracks of all time.

View the official trailer to 'Mid90s' below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Show Review - Black Mirror

Film Review - Inherent Vice